Selling your home doesn't have to be a nightmare.
Having the right advice makes all the difference when selling your home. It's often one of the biggest financial decisions a family can make, and having the right price and terms will make or break your listing experience.
The Rea Team's experience with equity listings makes us the right choice for your listing.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE VALUATION OF YOUR HOME.
READY TO SELL?
Your home will sell! There’s no question about that- in today’s market or tomorrow’s, good or bad. However, if you put your home on the market without preparing it for sale, you hay have a long wait for an offer.
You also may not realize your home’s greatest return on investment. And You don’t have to turn your pockets inside out to get it ready to sell. Some outlay may be necessary for painting, for replacing worn woodwork, carpeting, cabinet doors or for repairing broker fixtures or appliances.
There are, however, many fix-ups that cost absolutely nothing- except a little time and elbow grease. These fix-ups will make all the difference in whether or not your home makes the most of itself. Here are a few tips for getting your home ready to show.
- Spruce up all around the home. Keep lawn and shrubbery trimmed and free of bicycles and other clutter. Keep the garden beds weeded and mulched.
- Put a flowering pot on the front step and keep it watered and trimmed
- Fill potholes in your driveway and tidy up walkways
- Clean off your outdoor furniture; remove any rust
- Clear out the garage of everything but cars.
- Straighten gutters, the mailbox, the fence – and other things that sag.
- Fix doorbells, tighten loose doorknobs and oil squeaking hinges
- Repair broken windows and shutters
- Clean everything in and out of sight. Shampoo rugs and wax floors. Wash or brush walls. Wash windows and clean blinds and draperies.
- Organize cupboards and closets. Make closets look organized and neat.
- Keep shades and draperies open to admit as much light as possible
- Let your kitchen look warm and welcoming. Keep your sink shining and free of dirty dishes at all times.
- Keep bathrooms scrubbed, tidy and equipped with fresh soap and neatly hung towels (matching, if possible)